[imp] I.E. 6, Word and Mime-type

hofsteda at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu hofsteda at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Tue Jan 27 13:51:35 PST 2004

We're running horde cvshead (12/30). When an attachment is sent while the file
is open in Word, the file is attached as text/plain and is unreadable by word
when downloaded.  Closing the file before attaching it corrects the problem.
Using firebird instead of Internet Explorer works correctly.

>From my testing when a word document is uploaded via a rfc 1867 form while the
file is open IE sets the content type to application/octet-stream. If the
document is not open the content type is set to application/msword.

Is this expected behavior (since IE is messed up) or should I check my
horde/php/mime-magic configuration?