[imp] HELP: Server Error w/ Many "To:" addresses!

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Feb 2 20:28:14 PST 2004

Quoting "lee at disinfo.com" <lee at disinfo.com>:

> Hey Michael,
> Thanks for the response. Before I upgrade the c-client (which im worried is
> going to cascade and create new problems), I wanted to let you know that the
> "View Message Source" works on these messages with long To: lines (i had to
> manually compose the url string for the view source, since we cant actually
> view the message). Does this have any impact on your advice?

No.  Viewing message source is a simple action (from the c-client perspective)
since the IMAP server simply transmits the raw text of the message, and the
c-client/PHP passes it through untouched.

The problem is with other imap functions that parse/work with the header data.
These functions actually process the data in the headers, and headers with
extremely long data is what crashes the parsing process (most likely a buffer
overrun problem).

michael