[imp] Compose Window -> Address Book

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at zivix.com
Fri Feb 6 13:22:52 PST 2004

It's Friday, excuse my previous e-mail as my replies were listed backwards.
This is the correct response, to the responses.

Apologies,
Mike

> Quoting Mike Bydalek <mbydalek at zivix.com>:
>
>> First problem is in Mozilla, if I click Address Book, it opens
>> another Compose
>> Window rather than the Address Book.  If I click the new window's
>> Address Book, I get the Turba listing.
>
> Make sure you've updated everything. This was a problem briefly for a
> while ago,
> but I can't reproduce it anymore.

The problem is, when clicking "Address Book" I get the following from the
Javascript console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]"
nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://browser/content/browser.js :: Shutdown :: line 445"  data: no]

Works fine in IE, so not sure what the problem is.

>> The other problem is, in both IE and Mozilla, if I goto the Address
>> Book and do a search for a name, and try to "To->", "Bcc->" etc. it,
>> the name doesn't get added to the right side.  Just nothing happens.
>>  If I have it so it lists all the entries when bringing up the
>> Address Book (from the Compose Window), adding entries works fine,
>> but again, search for one of the entries and I can't add it.
>
> I can't reproduce this.

The problem was that the entries I kept trying to add didn't have e-mail
addresses =P  Of course it figures that out of ALL the entries I pick, the one
I search for doesn't have an e-mail address.  Something could be done here in
terms of not displaying entries that don't have an e-mail address (what's the
point?) or displaying an error?  I'd do it, but I figure Chuck will have a
better idea & way to do it.

Hope this helps.

-Mike