[imp] problem displaying attachment

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 10 12:57:56 PST 2004

Quoting Leonid Shapiro <lshapiro1 at yahoo.com>:

> I can receive emails with known attachments, but the
> attachments don't show up... in fact there is no
> 'parts' section in the message view... like the
> attachment are not there.

Usually when this happens to me it is because the message is missing
the MIME-Version: header.

> When I access the exact same message using outlook or
> another IMAP client, the attachment are readable.

Yes, most other clients will treat a (broken) message that is missing it's

> What's going on????

No way to know.  It's your mail, you tell us!

> I have heard others having similar problems, but no
> one with a solution.

Solution is usually fix the broken e-mail client sending the broken mail.
But your situation may vary.  There is no way for us to tell without seeing
the mail in question.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics