[imp] folder bug

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Wed Feb 11 06:46:40 PST 2004

Hi,

I've looked through the bug tracker and I think I've come across a folder bug
that hasn't been reported yet so I though I'd mention it here before entering
the bug report just in case I missed it. I know I'm not up to the latest
versions, they'll be brought in when our new website is brought online. In any
case I haven't see the issue covered in the new changes for the newest version
of imp.

Ok to the details.
Versions:
 horde 2.1
 imp 3.1
Current Settings:
 Using IMAP folders
 Have 70 mail folders at various levels. 3 is the largest depth.

Problem sometimes occurs when I add new folders, even though on my shell
account they are in the right structure and in the .mailboxlist (where the imap
folder list is) file there are also shown with the correct structure but in the
folder dropdown select box that has the name "mailbox" it does not display
correctly.

This seemed to have disappeared when we upgraded a while ago but now its
reappeared recently again. Yesterday when I signed up to the mailing list so I
could make a few suggestions and ask for some feedback about the filters (I'll
cover those in another mail, this one is long enough) I created a mail folder
called software/horde/imp and the problem reappeared with this folder.

I'll display the problem as best I can using a sort of graphical ascii layout
of what the correct layout should be versus what the current layout is, since
its much easier to understand than if I try and explain it through words.

The correct layout is as below
*************
sent-mail
sent/
    2001
    2002
    2003
Site Confirmations
software/
    horde/
        imp
    ilug
    IT Seminar
    Java D...ers Community
*************
last one there is supposed to be Java D...ers Community but imp shortens it so
that it will fit into the width of the select box correctly.

Current Layout
*************
sent-mail
sent/
    2001
    2002
    2003
Site Confirmations
    horde/
        imp
software/
    ilug
    IT Seminar
    Java D...ers Community
**************

As you can see the horde/imp folder is displayed underneath the wrong folder,
which makes no sense since it is under the correct structure on the system and
saving mail to this folder saves it in the correct place. It appears just to be
a bug in the way it is displayed.

here's the html code that shows how it is being created incorrectly.

<option value="mail/Site Confirmations">Site&nbsp;Confirmations</option>
<option value="">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;horde/</option>
<option
value="mail/software/horde/imp">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
imp</option>
<option value="">software/</option>
<option value="mail/software/ilug">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ilug</option>

Has anyone else seen something like this before? I'll try and look into it a
little more at the code level using the development site version later on to
see if I can provide any further input as to whats happening.

--
Darragh

"Nothing's foolproof to a sufficently talented fool"