[imp] Retrieving Hotmail Emails

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Feb 11 09:49:41 PST 2004

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
>> Quoting Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net>:
>>
>>> Check out gotmail
>>>
>>> www.nongnu.org/gotmail
>>>
>>> * Dave Breiland <superdave at dynamicis.com> [040210 22:33]:

>> This is possible with other software (see above), but since Hotmail
>> continuously
>> changes the way they provide access (most likely on purpose), this kind of
>> functionality can never be built directly into IMP since it will be outdated
>> almost immediately after implementing.
>
> That's not correct. Hotmail has a well defined WebDAV interface that can be
> used to retrieve folders, messages and contacts and that has been stable
> since years.

I stand horribly corrected - my knowledge was obviously very incorrect.  Thus,
it appears that it may be possible to do this after all.  What I will do is
convert the fetchmail code in IMP to be more of our typical driver/backend
configuration - then someone will simply need to write the driver needed to do
the fetchmail from hotmail.

michael