[imp] I CAN'T ACCESS TO INBOX

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 11 12:30:54 PST 2004

Quoting Javier Izquierdo <javizqca at hotmail.com>:

> I 'm looking at mysql.

Good.

>  Which is the database to insert os users?

The one you want to use to authenticate against.

> horde
> database or mysql database?

Which ever you use the authenticate against.

> And how can I introduce the users?

Depends on how you want to authenticate them.

> I think i
> will have to insert new os users in the database, it's ok?

Depends on how you want to authenticate them.  It is certainly one
way to go.

>> > Hello. I ' m installing a web server with a webmail.  When I visit
>> > myserver/horde/imp and i use a login user which is a system user
>> > with his password, system always says the user or the password are
>> > not correct. Can you help me please? If you need some extra info i
>> > can tell it. Thanks.

If you want to use a system account, then you need to select an authentication
method that supports that (imap, imp+imap, ftp, etc).  If you want to use
sql, you need to select an auth method that supports that (sql,
imap+an-imap-server-that-uses-sql-for-logins, etc).  Until you decide
how you want to authenticate, and configure horde/imp for that method,
then you can't know how to create users.  And until you tell people how
you want to authenticate them, no one can tell you how to add users, where
to add users, etc.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics