[imp] security issue

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Feb 13 08:31:00 PST 2004

Quoting Dan Williamson <dwilliamson at uesiglo21.edu.ar>:

> How are people solving the issue of being able to read arbitrary
> files on the host system?
>
> For instance,

https://webmail.yoursite.org/horde/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=../../../../../../../etc/passwd

This has nothing to do with IMP - you're using UW Imapd, and it will provide
those files to any IMAP client. If you don't want that to happen, use a
different IMAP server or lock yours down differently.

> The use of
> https://webmail.yoursite.org/horde/admin/css/index.php?file=arbitrary_path_and_file
>
> will provide the same without a valid login.

The css editor was removed for this and other reasons several releases ago.
Delete it.

-chuck

--
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."