[imp] IMP and HTML mail

Oliver Zancul Prado ozp at psico.net
Thu Feb 19 15:10:26 PST 2004

Hello. I have a newsletter service for psychologists in Brazil. And we
use a php script to send e-mails. We use both phpmynewsletter (french)
and phplists to send e-mails to our subscribers.

What happened is that our biggest client instaled IMP in all their
e-mails accounts and IMP cannot open our mails in HTML format. Instead
it opens just Text or HTML code.

I dont know what IMP version they are using  but they created a test
acount for me and no matter what I do, it does not work..... What I know
is that the IMP version is at least 1 year old

When I send a HTML message from my thunderbird software, IMP displays it
in HTML ok.

I've made some tests at the IMP demo (demo at demo.hub.org) and the
situation is even worse!!  The HTML messages from  my thunderbird apears
like that:

"/There are no parts that can be displayed inline."

/I'm about to go crazy because I cant find a way to fix this problem.
And we cannot send newsletter from local machine because It can be
considered as SPAM and also the newsletter php softwares display links
to the user easily unsibscribe the service.

I have only a clue about how to fix this: CHARSET.  We send messages
using charset iso-8859-1.

Could we change the charset to another format that IMP can read? But
this charset must be readable by others webmails and e-mails softwares too.

Regards

/

/