[imp] IMP and Windows System

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Thu Feb 19 18:35:44 PST 2004

> But some of configs ( eg : language ) need to be compiled under Linux /
> Unix System...

Not true for most of IMP/HORDE, though I can't be certain about the language
modules.  I thought they just relied on PERL, which you can get for Windoze.

> So, I think the IMP only for Linux / Unix System !

Not true!

You can start off just trying to get IMP working without a database.  Then
when you get it working without a database, you can add DB configurations
[get Turba while you're doing that, so you can get the nice address book
functionality].

IMP/HORDE's just a PHP application - it DOES come with alot of UNIX-oriented
installation instructions, but there's nothing about it which prevents it
from running under Windoze.

=R=