[imp] strange problem with php's session.auto_start enabled !!!

Kunal Gangakhedkar kgangakhedkar at softhome.net
Wed Feb 25 07:12:05 PST 2004

Guys,
I'm running IMP-3.2.2 with Horde-2.2.4 on an RH9 m/c with apache2 and
php-4.3.2.

I'm having a strange problem..
I've got session.auto_start enabled in my php.ini...
everytime I try to log into the IMP system, it always throws me out
saying "Your Session has expired"....
As soon as I disable session.auto_start in php.ini and restart apache,
it works perfectly...
Now the problem is that I need session.auto_start to be enabled for my
other applications (my mistake !!!! :( ).....
Is there any way I can make IMP work with session.auto_start
enabled????

Oh, one more thing, I'm using IMP's authentication module that talks
to my courier-imapd - i.e. my auth driver is imap.

Thanks in advance,
--
Kunal Gangakhedkar

kunal at vjtimca.net