[imp] qmail

Ross Simpson mqsimpson at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 13:03:38 PST 2004

I installed IMP with qmail.

The only issue I ran across is that qmail's pop3 server doesn't exactly
conform to the pop extension RFC; it hangs when trying to perform
multiple CAPA operations in the same session.

I temporarily fixed it by hacking c-client to not issue the second CAPA.
Eventually I installed courier-imap to get the extra functionality an
imap connection adds.  courier-imap peacefully coexists with qmail.

--
Ross