[imp] Problems with national characters (Swedish) in IMP

Roger Nyman roger.nyman at uni-it.se
Thu Feb 26 16:22:51 PST 2004

Hi!

I have some really annoing problems with national characters (in my case
Swedish) in IMP (CVS date 2004-02-25).
I've got the Swedish characters in IMP menues, labels etc allright. The
problem shows up inside mail title & bodytexts where the special characters
are replaced with other "unreadable" characters or symbols.
If I choose Swedish as my language at login to IMP, or in Preferences, I
also get a pagecoding error on opening IMP (down in the left corner, the
statusbar in IE). The errormessage says something like Error: "Unterminated
stringconstant" (dump shows this, link below).

I just made a test sending a message to myself from my clientmailprogram
Eudora. This message had some Swedish characters both in the label and
body. Logging in to IMP and the mail pops up in my inbox. Only the chars in
the body are correct, the Swedish chars in the label are not. Really strange!

If I compose a mail in HTML-mode, containg Swedish chars, and send it say
to myself, the Swede chars are replaced as described earlier.

I've made a screendump documenting the problem. It can be found at the
following adress:

http://www.uni-it.se/horde/se-chars_err1.jpg

Best,
Roger