[imp] Problems to IMP and Safe_mode - I can't sent email

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Fri Feb 27 14:15:37 PST 2004

> PHP Warning:  set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
> /horde/imp/lib/base.php on line 55

You can patch base.php to not issue that directive.  Just make sure you've
allowed plenty of time in a worst-case scenario for imp - at least 45 seconds.

> PHP Warning:  putenv(): Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment
> variable

These can be addressed by allowing PHP to alter those vars:

safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = PHP_,LANGUAGE,LANG,TZ

You can make this a VHOST-specific directive with the php_admin style
directives, if you're extra paranoid.

>    Before I turn on the safe mode, it was working fine. When I turned on
> safe_mode it didn't work right.

You can get IMP working fine in Safe Mode - the only problem I wasn't able
to work out with Safe Mode is the spelling checker.

=R=