[imp] ERROR: column "pref_value" is of type text but expression is of type boolean

Peter Ahearn pahearn at teratron.com
Tue Mar 2 10:57:25 PST 2004

Hi All:

I've searched both the internet and the mailing lists extensively and
haven't found an answer to the problem I'm having so I thought I'd see if
anyone has any insight. I did find the same question posted a while ago but
with no responses. Anyway here's what's happening:

I'm running Horde 2.2.4 and Imp 3.2.2 on a Redhat 7.0 box, php-pgsql
4.2.2-8.0.5, postgresql 7.4-0.2PGDG. Everything works great when I don't try
to enable user preferences, but when I do upon login I get the error
message:

A fatal error has occurred:
DB Error: unknown error
[line 341 of /var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]
Details have been logged for the administrator.

...the output of the postgres log is:

ERROR:  column "pref_value" is of type text but expression is of type
boolean
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
ERROR:  column "pref_value" is of type text but expression is of type
boolean
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

The person who posted an equivalent problem also posted a patch involving
casting delhide to a string in mailbox.php, but this does not fix the
problem for me.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem, have this problem, or have
any helpful suggestions? I'm at the end of my rope with this.

Thanks in advance for any information,

-peter