[imp] SpamAssassin

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Mar 2 22:29:36 PST 2004

Quoting Jonathan Soong <jon.soong at imvs.sa.gov.au>:

> I am using the 'Report as Spam' button for email to be fed to the Bayes
> in SpamAssassin.
>
> I found that headers were being added to my mail so i wrote a quick
> script to strip a Maildir full of 'Report as Spam' of their unnecessary
> headers and have them ready to be fed into sa-learn.

Or you could take a look at the following config option (via 'man
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'):

        bayes_ignore_header
            If you receive mail filtered by upstream mail systems, like a spam-
            filtering ISP or mailing list, and that service adds new headers
            (as most of them do), these headers may provide inappropriate cues
            to the Bayesian classifier, allowing it to take a "short cut". To
            avoid this, list the headers using this setting.  Example:

                    bayes_ignore_header X-Upstream-Spamfilter
                    bayes_ignore_header X-Upstream-SomethingElse

michael