[imp] About your OS with IMP

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Fri Mar 5 09:11:19 PST 2004

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:05:39 +0800, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:

>Dear Steven,
>
>Would you mind to tell me more about your system :
>1, Does your pear of php come with Fedora Core 1 also ?
>2, Does your imap server is come with Fedora Core 1 System ?
>
>Thank for your help again !!
>
>Edward.

A couple of netiquette things:

1.  Please post your messages to the list, not to my personal address. That
way, everyone benefits and what we learn goes in the archives.

2.  Please bottom-post as if this were a newsgroup.

I believe pear came with Fedora, as part of PHP. I don't recall explicitly
installing it. It may have come from the IMP or Horde rpm files I used for my
original imp installation.

I started out using the imapd that ships with Fedora, but I switched to
DoveCot.  It's supposed to be faster and more secure than the standard imap
and pop daemons.  It's free.
--
   Steve