Fwd: Re: [imp] strange problem with php's session.auto_start enabled !!!

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Fri Mar 5 13:09:39 PST 2004

> This makes sense at a first glance and according to the manual this setting
> can be changed with ini_set().
>
> But I bet it won't work, because the whole deal of this setting is, that
> the
> session is started during the request startup *before* the page loads. For
> this reason, you can't store objects in the session if you use this
> feature. Changing this setting during the page execution shouldn't change
> anything, or did you make other experiences?
>
> Jan.

Didn't really look at session.autostart fully but guess that it does cause a
problem.

Obviously its not going to make any difference setting that for the duration of
the script execution.

*mental note - read EXACTLY what the setting does before suggesting how to
change it*

I hope you'll understand if I don't take you up on that bet :)
--
Darragh

"Nothing's foolproof to a sufficently talented fool"