[imp] Problems Moving and Deleting Email with Imp 3.2.2

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Mar 8 16:35:07 PST 2004

Quoting Peter Solodov <peter at alcor.concordia.ca>:

> On 2 Mar 2004, Michael M. Slusarz wrote:
>> This message of mine above seems to be from a long time
>> ago... anyway, this problem was confirmed along time ago to be an
>> issue with IE and certain service packs and page compression.  You
>> must turn page compression off sitewide if using old versions of
>> Horde/IMP (CVS versions will automatically disable compression for
>> these buggy browsers).
>
> I have this happening with Mozilla 1.6 with compression turned off
> almost everywhere (I don't have it done in .htaccess).  Moreover I
> have a mail spool where it happens all the time, so it's more than
> easily reproducible.  I'll try .htaccess, but I don't put much hope on
> that... :-(

if it is a particular mail spool, then it most likely is IMAP
segfaulting due to
a certain message in that spool (i.e. a message with malformed headers).  If
IMAP segfaults or runs into one of these messages, it will most likely exit
with no error message and it will look like the messages selected were not
deleted at all.  If this is the case, there are really only 2 options:
1.) find
the message that is causing the problems and delete manually (yuck) or 2.)
upgrade PHP and/or c-client - the newer versions do a better job in handling
strange/weird/malformed messages.

michael