[imp] Access denied for user ... in /etc/horde/db_mysql.inc on line 73

Marcus Buettemeyer mb at secuworks.net
Wed Mar 10 11:44:16 PST 2004

Hi all,
I installed Horde/IMP on a Debian 3.0 Host using the Standard DEBs
supplied by Debian for everything (Apache, PHP4 et al). Now when I
access http://<myhost>/horde/imp I get the following Error Message:

Access denied for user: 'hordemgr at localhost' (Using password: YES) in
*/etc/horde/db_mysql.inc* on line *73*
[Repeated 3 times]

I don't know where to look, but I ran the Debian Setup
(dpkg-reconfigure) multiple times with inconsistent hostnames and
passwords. Can anybody tell me where horde/imp store their Passwords? I
already (using the current Password) found the following locations:

/etc/horde/local.inc
/etc/imp/defaults.php3

I really assume it to be a wrong Password stored somewhere in the
configs since the LAMP environment seems to be fine (at least typo3
doesn't complain) and MYSQL is set up as well:

dedi:~# mysql -uhordemgr -p -Dhorde
Enter password:
[...]
mysql> show tables;
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_horde |
+-----------------+
| active_sessions |
| auth_user       |
| auth_user_md5   |
| db_sequence     |
| imp_addr        |
| imp_pref        |
+-----------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Here come the Version Numbers (dpkg -l) if it's useful:
ii  horde                         1.2.6-4
ii  imp                           2.2.6-5.2
ii  apache                        1.3.26-0woody3
ii  php4                          4.1.2-6woody3
ii  mysql-server                  3.23.49-8.5

Any help is really appreciated!!

TIA -mb

--
Marcus Büttemeyer - Security Consultant
secuworks - security integration services