[imp] Help! spam killing our organization

Richard Zuidhof rzuidhof at zonnet.nl
Tue Mar 16 00:30:27 PST 2004

yeats at rosemontschool.org wrote:
> Our imp program is not blocking spam. Now i am an imp novice, but some of the
> technology people here said that "blacklist" button was supposed to filter out
> unwanted emails. Any ideas?

To filter real spam you will need to block it at the mail server it
arrives on or use a program like Spamassassin in combination with IMP
(if that is possible).

I can advise you to use some DNS blacklists on your mail server
(rosemontschool.org [209.158.100.18]). These lists let your mail server
refuse mail from spam sources.

These are good ones to start with:
bl.spamcop.net
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org