[imp] e-mails sent via IMP have strange header

James Brown j.a.m.e.s at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 31 10:29:06 PST 2004

Dear All,

I have a small issue when sending mail from IMP (IMP 3.2, php4,
apache1.3), which is causing me some serious head scratching. The
problem is that the headers of mails sent from IMP always contain:

me at mydomain.com using -f

I do have sendmail running locally, but I can't see where this '-f' flag
is being set? Could anyone enlighten me please? (relevant config files
shown below)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

TIA,

James.

**/horde/config/horde.php**
[...]
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array(
     'sendmail_path' => '/usr/sbin/sendmail',
     'sendmail_args' => '-oi'
);
[...]

**/usr/local/etc/php.ini**
[...]
; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well
;(default: "sendmail -t -i").
; staying with the default as this is commented out
;sendmail_path =
[...]

**/etc/mail/freebsd.cf**
[...]