[imp] IMP and the shared session handler..

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Tue Apr 6 09:20:21 PDT 2004

We've got a pool of 9 Horde / IMP servers behind our SSO, all answering to
the name mail.umich.edu.  When we changed the pool to have a single name
(instead of each machine having it's own name), we switched to the SQL
based session handler, which we think is causing a bit of a bottleneck.

Any suggestions on trying tune this issue speficially?
Has anyone tried implimenting memcached (http://www.danga.com/memcached/)?

Just how nasty would our user experience be if we switched back to the
local file based session store?  eg.. if users switch services midsession,
they log in again.  it forgets what page they're on when they're looking
at messages, etc.

Liam