[imp] horde/imp+... with multidomain ldap setup

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Wed Apr 7 09:13:46 PDT 2004

Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx>:

> Quoting Timo Boettcher <spida at gmx.net>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I am trying to get horde/imp+turba+passwd+sam+ingo+trean working with a
>>  ldap multidomain-setup.
>>  Even though ldap support generally works, it seems to be based on the
>>  assumption that the users are $uid=$username,$basedn. But in my case
>>  with multiple domains, I have $uid=$username,dc=somedomain1,$basedn,
>>  where somedomain is different from user to user.

I suppose that I should have had you look at the
hooks.php.dist configuration file in horde/config that use
and parse
  Auth::getAuth()
  getenv('HTTP_HOST')
to solve problems like the somedomain1 issue.  These scripts
are dependent on your configuration.  For example;
   Do you use virtual hosts?
   Do your users login with UID at somedomain1.tld
etc.

I hope this helps a bit,