[imp] Problem with charsets (head)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Apr 7 09:21:38 PDT 2004

Zitat von Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl>:

> Citeren Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl>:
>
>> Regarding HEAD branch:
>>
>> When I receive a message which is written in a different charset as my own
>> (ISO-8859-), I get this message:
>>
>> This message was written in a character set (windows-1257) other
>> than your own.
>> If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new window.
>>
>> But when I click to open it in a new window, the charset (in the new window)
>> remains ISO-8859-1, so nothing changes. This works fine in the
>> stable version
>> of imp. Any ideas?
>
> Didn't say this right. I meant the foreign charset isn't converted in
> ISO-8859-1. When I convert a string with mb_convert_encoding all works
> fine, so
> I wonder why this doesn't work in imp.

You only get this message at all if your server does not support UTF-8 with
the locale you selected. E.g. `LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8´ doesn't work.

As the link says, the window should have the *original* charset and not be
converted. That this doesn't happen is a bug.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens