[imp] 4.0-ALPHA not reading headers and attachments

Sean D. mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Sat Apr 10 15:44:10 PDT 2004

I just setup the new alphas, Horde, IMP, Turba, etc...
Everything works except a problem i'm having with IMP. (well ok.. not
everything passwd looks like some paths will need to be adjusted before
its compatible with the new Horde but thats outside the scope of this
email.)

first off you should know:
-PHP ver. is 4.3.4 w/ mcrypt, mime-magic, mbstring, etc. compiled in
-IMAP is Courier 1.7.3
-Apache 2.0.40
-OS is Redhat 9
-The actual headers and content of all the emails seem ok. they display
fine in my email client (thunderbird) and in my  regular IMP install.
(latest stable)
-Comparing message source in the stable imp, the alpha ver., and my
email client program shows exactly the same text.
-My install of the latest stable ver. of IMP works just fine.

heres the problem:
When I view a plain text email I see the complete headers displayed as
the message body (but with no carriage returns) and i dont see any of
the actual message body. Viewing source confirms the entire message is
there and intact.  When I look at an HTML email or even a plain text
email with an attachment I get:

     Part(s): 1 unnamed [?q ?'7??/alternative] 0KB
     There are no parts that can be displayed inline.

and no message body is displayed. I can click the icon to download the
file which is named "unnamed" and when I open it in a text editor it
contains a plaintext version of the HTML contents much like i think IMP
should have displayed as the message body if I had inline HTML turned
off. If I look at the same file in the stable IMP I see the message just
fine (i have inline html turned on) and i also can download the html in
the form of a file named "unnamed" and it displays it properly as:
2 unnamed text/html 3.75KB

More details available by request and if you email me directly I can
give you the url to the site and an account to test with.  ;-)

Thanks,
Sean