[imp] HEAD: PGP encrypted mail - attachments not shown

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:17:37 PDT 2004

Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:

> Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>
>> Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:
>>
>>> I actually received an pgp-encrypted email with an attachement, but the
>>> attachment is not shown in imp.
>> The test messages I sent work fine (all attachments embedded in the
>> encrypted
>> portion show fine).
> Hmm. Did you take a look at the headers of the sammple-email I sent in
> my last message? Do you think, they are ok? I hope so - the message was
> sent via mutt, which should do a good job.
>
> Is there anything I could have missed? I did a cvs-update yesterday,
> installed the framework and checked for changed config-files.
>
> When I open the email, I have to wait a bit while decrypting the message
> and I can then see the text of the message, but no attachments.
>
> I took a look in /tmp and found my sess-file with the decrypted text of
> the message *and* 3 parts with the 3 attachments - so my sessionfile was
> really big. I think those are the decoded attachments, because of the
> correct filetype:
>
> [...]5:"_type";s:11:"application";s:8:"_subtype";s:3:"pdf";s:9:[...]
>                                                        ^^^
>
> So I'm quite sure we have a display problem here. I don't know why, but
> IMP seems to forget showing the attachments after correctly decoding
> everything.

The problem is, with a sample encrypted message with 2 attachments, I can see
all 3 parts just fine.  The only thing I can see being a problem is that the
MIME structure _inside_ of the message is incorrect, so IMP can't handle it.
But without seeing the MIME structure of the internal message, I can't help
much more than that.

Also, did you reinstall the framework yesterday?  There was a change to
the Util
::addParameter() function that fixed the display of some attachments.

michael