[imp] Replying to pgp-encrypted messages: no body

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Apr 14 12:06:23 PDT 2004

Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:

> there is another problem with pgp encrypted emails. If I reply to a
> correctly decrypted email, the text of the decrypted original message is
> not shown in the compose window. So there is nothing to quote. :-(

IMP has never supported this (this goes back to the discussion of
embedded MIME
information I had earlier).

I have never figured out a way to do this without adding some seriously
hackish
code (and a lot of it) to IMP - and I just looked at it again, and I still
can't figure out a way to do this elegantly.  So, for now, I think I will just
put something like "[Encrypted original message]" for the reply text.

michael