[imp] email attachment size problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 22 18:11:55 PDT 2004

Quoting "You, Hongtao Howard" <hyou at Foxboro.com>:

> . upload_max_filesize = 16M
>
> . memory_limit = 8M

You need to raise memory_limit to at least 2 times your max attachment
size.  So to send a 7MB attachment, set it to something between 14 MB
and 21 MB.

> I setup MySQL database using the scripts from the packages with changes of
> the database user's password.

This would only really matter if you used SQL to store the uploaded
attachments instead of the file system, which it seems you are not.

> I can receive / send email with small attachment, like < 1M.
>
> When I compose an email, I can browse the files and attach a big file (7MB)
> to the email. I check /tmp, and find the temporary file. But when I try to
> send the email, the email composing popup window gets cleared, and no email
> is sent out.

You need to raise memory_limit (or disable it).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!