[imp] non 7-bit chars in reply quote

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 10:53:07 PDT 2004

Hi list!

Some days ago I reported a problem regarding special chars (like e.g.
german umlauts) in the reply quote not displayed correct.

Because I didn't get any feedback, does this mean that nobody can
reproduce this?

The problem is, when I'm getting mail with e.g. german umlauts in the
body the mail is displayed correctly, but when relpying, the umlauts in
the quote are getting question marks or little blocks or something like
that, depending of the used browser.

I guessed that this is because the quote which is prefilled in the
multi-line edit field is not utf-8 encoded, but the page is in charset
utf-8.

If I'm speaking too weird, I've attached three little screenshots to
describe this. They are showing the mail while viewing, then when
replying and the third shows the source code snippet.

If I missed some configuration change, then please give me a little
hint. I checked all configuration files for changes, but cannot find
any option I have missed.

Thanks,
Daniel