[imp] No login : problem with GSSAPI?

Charles Plessy charles-nospam-imp at plessy.org
Sat May 1 07:09:23 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have installed imp on a debian sarge, but I was never able to log
in. Here are the technical details:

Distro : Debian testing (Sarge)
karl at shadow|karl|$ dpkg -l imp3 horde2 mysql-server php4 mailutils-imap4d php4-imap
+++-=========================-=========================-==================================================================
ii  imp3                      3.2.2-3.1                 Web Based Mail Program
ii  horde2                    2.2.3-7.1                 The Horde Web Application Suite
ii  mysql-server              4.0.18-5                  mysql database server binaries
ii  php4                      4.3.4-4                   A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language
ii  mailutils-imap4d          0.4+20040116-1            GNU mailutils-based IMAP4 Daemon
ii  php4-imap                 4.3.4-4                   IMAP module for php4
ii  apache                    1.3.29.0.2-4              Versatile, high-performance HTTP server

Here is a partial dump from the imp test page :

IMP Version

    * IMP: 3.2.2

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
    * PHP Version: 4.3.4
    * PHP Major Version: 4.3
    * PHP Minor Version: 4
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * IMAP Support: Yes

PHP IMAP Support Test
server="localhost" user="karl" mailbox="{localhost:143/imap}INBOX"

array(1) {
  [0]=>
  string(78) "Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE GSSAPI authentication failed"
}

	I have read the FAQ, searched for debian bugs, and STFWed on
google, but I have no clue ; in particular, I do not know how I can
get a verbose explanation of the login failure.

Maybe it's so simple that I'm blind to it?

(of course, I can remotely read my mails using other clients like
mutt)

Can you help me?

Have a nice day,

--