[imp] IMP 4.0 Alpha and message selection

joho at poolia.se joho at poolia.se
Tue May 4 04:18:08 PDT 2004

Hola!

The checbox right above the message list, which selects all messages is a
double edged sword.. :-)

I consider myself a fairly adept user of web applications and have made the
mistake of erasing all currently displayed messages by clicking in the
checkbox instead of the "Delete" link, right above it.

You click, thinking you are on the "Delete" link, nothing happens, so you
click again; this time you hit the "Delete" link properly. Only problem is
that the first click actually did land in the checbox, which selected all
messages.

(In my case, the messages went to the worldwide bitstream since I forgot
that the default for how to handle deleted messages was not to move them to
the Trash folder ;)

I'm not sure how to handle this better from a user interface point of view..
but if there's no better solution, I'd opt to remove the "all" checkbox
completely since the select box above the "Delete" link has "Select all" in
it as well.

My two cents..

-Joaquim