[imp] Re: IMP fetchmail

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu May 6 08:36:50 PDT 2004

Quoting Eric Bentley <eric at rnet-tech.com>:

> Ed,
>
> You responded to an earlier note I posted and I was hoping I could ask you a
> couple more questions.
>
> I am trying to use the Fetchmail feature under IMP but have two
> issues.  Can you
> tell me if you have seen these?
>
> 1) In the Fetch mail setup screen, I can not use a username other
> then the one I
> logged in with.  Not practical for me.

If I'm understanding, it wouldn't be for anyone.   The problem
that we have is that I am using HEAD and have no idea about the
released versions.  Now, that said, my configuration for
fetchmail is simply the following.

Account's name:
Prodigy
Protocol:
POP3
Username:
edwinculp at prodigy.net.mx
Contraseña
******
Server:
pop3.prodigy.net.mx
Remote Mailbox:
[Blank because I just use the inbox]
Local Mailbox:
PRODIGY
     Get only new messages? (IMAP only)
     Mark messages as seen? (IMAP only)
  X Delete fetched messages from remote server?
     Fetch messages upon logging on?
(NOTE: You need to have 'Perform maintenance operations on
login?' enabled in your maintenance options.)

That may or may not help.  I have several accounts that I do this
way.

I will be glad to send you my IMP conf.php but it is now
generated from conf.xml and doubt that it would help.  In fact
there are only two variables relating to fetchmail.

$conf['fetchmail']['show_account_colors'] = false;
$conf['fetchmail']['size_limit'] = '4000000';

size_limit might have an effect.  I'm not sure you will have the
same.

Good luck,

I'm going to copy the list because I'm sending from a dynamic IP
that is on everyone's blacklist.

> 2) when I select accounts and the fetch mail, it attempts to log me
> in again and
> does not fetch mail.
>
> Can you tell me what your settings for IMP are (or send me your config/*.php
> files?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Eric

=0