[imp] How to login?

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat May 8 01:29:49 PDT 2004

On 07.05.2004 23:46 (+0200), Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Assuming you are using the correct versions of Horde for gollem, then
> simply edit horde/config/horde.php or horde/config/conf.php (which ever
> you have) and add your login username to the admins arrary as documented
> there:
>
> // Which users should be treated as administrators (root, super-user)
> // by Horde? Example: $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin', 'john');
> //$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();

Sorry, no. This is definitely NOT in this file. But anyway, I added it -
to no effect. I have downloaded the latest stable horde some days ago.
It's version 2.2.5, I think. Here's the file's ID tag:

$Horde: horde/config/horde.php.dist,v 1.47.2.36 2003/10/14 16:52:31
slusarz Exp $

>>copy&paste some code from another place in the config/horde.php (this is
>>very cumbersome to find and do...) so that I can log in with my
>>user/pass. So this works, too. But what then? I am no admin and again, I
>>can't find any documentation on how to become one.
>
> You didn't need to do any of that.  Just add your login to the admins
> array.

I didn't do this to become an Admin, I did it for horde to merely find
the user table at all. There was only an empty array for SQL
authentication and I had no idea, what the items' names were. But the
code from some lines below helped.

>>BTW, isn't public CVS access to cvs.horde.org allowed? (I'm no CVS
>>expert, but it told me something like "no access".)
>
> http://www.horde.org/source/using.php

Thanks for the link. I had downloaded yesterday's tarball then.

--
Yves Goergen <nospam.list at unclassified.de>

BlackBoard Internet Newsboard System --> blackboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)