[imp] Still with problems signing a S\MIME message

Eduardo Juchem juchem at inf.ufsc.br
Sat May 8 11:31:18 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm having another problem when trying to send a S\MIME signed message
in the CVS version of IMP.

In the menu Options->Mail->S\MIME Options, i'm importing the file
key.pem (with my private and public key only). Then i try to send a
S\MIME signed message. The popup window apears for me to input the
passphrase for my S\MIME private key. I put the password used to create
the file key.pem (with my private and public key) but i get a message
saying that the passphrase used is invalid ("Invalid passphrase
entered"), and the popup window remains opened expecting the right
passphrase.

My question is:

1) Am i confusing the passphrase for my S\MIME private key with the
password used to create the file key.pem (with my private and public
keys)? Are they not the same thing?

2) Do i have to configure, import or something, any certificate to
validate my keys before importing my keypair in Options->Mail->S\MIME
Options?

3) Do i have to put the file containing my keypair in any specific
directory? And if so, do i have to configure any other file of IMP to
make reference to this file?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Edu

ps.: Thanks Jan, i really had configured my Mozilla to not accpept
popups.