[imp] CVS HEAD mail body encoding problems

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Mon May 10 04:25:19 PDT 2004

Hi list!

I noticed two encoding problems in IMP cvs HEAD.

First one:

If I send a message and the message is being encoded in
quoted-printable, any line breaks are encoded with "=0A" and no real
line break. I compared with kmail, which encodes line breaks with =20
and a real line break.
While most mail programs decode =0A correct (tested with IMP of course
and Outlook and kmail), some others like Eudora have problems with that
and don't show any line breaks at all. (very bad...)

Second:

If I create a mail with 8 bit chars and save it as draft, the mail is
saved 7-bit us-ascii and all 8-bit chars are replaced by question marks
(real question marks, no white on black like when having utf-8
problems).

Greets,
Daniel