[imp] Re: custom login for IMP

Kris Efland kris_efland at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 13:40:05 PDT 2004

well... seems like i have it working, but im getting sent back to login.html with a var:  reason=session.

any ideas?

Steven Premeau <premeau at uwp.edu> wrote:
I have done a custom login script for our IMP implementation. We
needed to do it because we use the same login front end for two distinct
IMP systems. (Faculty/Staff & Current Students on one system, admitted
students and Alumni on another.)

Depending on what your goal is, you can just create an HTML form with
the fields from the "default" login screen. (Through experimentation,
I have discovered that it only seems to require 'imapuser', 'pass', and
'server'.) Set the form method to 'post' and the action to the URL of
redirect.php It should then work.

You do not need to "precreate" the session before accessing
redirect.php, a new session will be created automatically if one doesn't
exist already.

Hope this helps,
Steve.

--
Steven Premeau, Network Manager premeau at uwp.edu (262) 595-2005
Computer and Network Services University of Wisconsin - Parkside