[imp] Displaying attached PDF's broken in IE

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Tue May 18 00:33:08 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to view an attached PDF-file without success. Instead of an
upcoming Acrobat Reader I get the following errormessage from IE
(translated from german):
"...lkjsa98u3kjh498 from www.example.com cannot be transfered. Could not
open page..."

Thats what I tested:

1.) IE/https/downloading -> works
2.) IE/https/downloading but the clicking on "open" -> file-dialog
appears and file can only be saved
3.) IE/http/downloading -> works
4.) IE/http/downloading but the clicking on "open" -> file opens in
Acrobat Reader
5.) IE/https/viewing -> errormessage as mentioned above
6.) IE/http/viewing -> works

So there still seems to be a problem viewing files using IE and https. I
don't know if anyone has any idea how to solve it. As IE seems to be a
nightmare regarding https downloads, it may be an option to simply
permit only downloading in this constellation.

Gruss,
    Ollie.