[imp] Signature file & HTML email

Ed Murray mail at avenuedesign.net
Wed May 19 20:21:27 PDT 2004

Hi,
    Thanks guys for the hard work on IMP 4. Impressive set of features!
Just a point with the new html Composer. When reading in the signature
file it is getting inserting as unmarked up text. The browser will
therefore not render lines or spaces properly.  A work around for this
is to mark up the signature with html, however users of the system could
be using either the text or html  composers and you don't want html tags
appearing in the text messages.

I have submitted a diff file of a couple of changes that I think could
make sense to compose.php.

256,258c256
<           $htmltrailer = preg_replace("/\n/", "<br>", $trailer);
<           $htmltrailer = preg_replace("/  /", " &nbsp;", $htmltrailer);
<             $htmlBody->appendContents($htmltrailer);
---
 >             $htmlBody->appendContents($trailer);

Regards
Ed Murray