[imp] php --with-imap problem

Andi Voss andi at andis.mine.nu
Fri May 21 15:54:01 PDT 2004

Hi all,

i´m trying to setup IMP for horde.
IMP needs imap support in php, so i compiled imap.tar.Z from
ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap with "make slx", everything was fine.
cd c-client
cp c-client.a /usr/local/lib/libc-client.a
cp rfc822.h, mail.h linkage.h /usr/local/include

When i compiled php --with-imap and --with-imap-ssl i got no errors,
everything went fine.
But when i want to start/restart apache the following error occurs:
Syntax error on line 242 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: RAND_seed

I tried another (older) version of c-client, then i get an error like:
Syntax error on line 242 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: mmdfdriver

I know that this is no specific problem with IMP or Horde, but perhaps someone
has had the same problems than me and can help me where start searching the
problem!?
I wrote to the imap mailing list, but nobody replies to me up to this time.

So my questions to you:
What can i do?
Where is the problem?
Where is my fault?
What do i have to do to get this working?
What do i have to install?

Slackware 8.1, kernel 2.4.21, php-4.2.3, imap-2004, openssl-0.9.7d,
sendmail-8.11.12, qpopper-4.0.4

The Horde domain/horde/test.php page is running correctly but missing imap for
php.

Need any more details?

Thanks andi