[imp] Validate Email Address

Richard Carpenter rcarpenter at brandxnet.com
Tue May 25 15:30:06 PDT 2004

Hello Jan,

Horde: 2.2.1
IMP: 3.2.1
Turba: 1.2

PHP Version: 4.3.1

PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes

Yes I saw the 8bit check in compose.php; MIME::is8bit().

Our problem of the moment is due to user errors like
@@domain.tld
joe at domain.tld\\
\\joe

that kind of thing.

I thought about checking against this regular expression

One question is where is the best place to put the check.
Another question is how else might I do this.

I got a suggestion from Peter Arien to use Mail_RFC822::parseAddressList()
and that looks promising.

As for professional help, yes I definitely need professional help.
However, I am asking for free advice.  Any assistance you can provide is
welcome,
but no, I am not in a position to hire a consultant.

Thank you.