[imp] Messages disappear when sending to local accounts - date notation problem

Remko Gerbranda remko at gerbranda.nl
Fri Jun 4 03:31:51 PDT 2004

I experience the same problem as Daan Mervielde wrote about in his message
"local mail and mbox' From-line":
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=104489809909643&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=104490927826512&w=2

<quote>
Anyways, how would you explain the fact that the date part of the "From" line
depends on the language you choose when you log in to horde?
E.g., when I choose French, the name of the day and month will be in
French, when I choose Dutch, it will be in Dutch etc. Where does that
connection come from? How come the imap server seems to be aware of the
language I choose when sending *local* mail with imp/horde.
</quote>

When I send an e-mail message with horde/imp to another account on the same
server and I use the Dutch language, the message is delivered to that account,
but it can't be read with horde/imp.
This is what I see in the mbox file:

>From outsite at domain.nl do jun 03 12:21:55 2004

When I choose US English, I can read the message. The first lines of the message
have changed to:

>From outsite at domain.nl Thu Jun 03 12:26:57 2004

How can I avoid that the date notation is wrong when I choose another language
than US English in horde/imp?

horde/imp is configered to use 'sendmail'

Remko