[imp] Downloading attachments

Alex Copeland copeland at abacinate.com
Fri Jun 4 06:56:32 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have been experiencing some frustrating problems viewing and/or downloading attachments with IMP.  Here are the details.

Horde: 2.2.5
IMP: 3.2.2 (I also tried 3.2.3)
PHP 4.3.4
Apache 1.3.29
MySQL 4.0.18-standard
Linux Kernel 2.4.24-ow2

I cannot download or view attachments.  I have tried .jpg, .doc, and .xls attachments of various sizes with no success.  The "view message source" and "download message" links don't work, either.  Oddly, sometimes if I try to change folders (with the drop-down box or in folder management), I can't.

I have duplicated this behavior in several environments: Mozilla Firefox 0.8 on WindowsXP, IE 6 on WindowsXP, Mozilla Firebird 0.7 on Mandrake 9.2, Mozilla Firefox 0.8 on Fedora Core 2, and Firefox 0.8 on Knoppix 3.3.  I am inclined to believe that this is not a browser related issue.

Though not necessarily related, I also have an install of Hastymail (another PHP-based webmail program) on the same machine.  It runs with no problem downloading / viewing any attachments.  I just thought that might indicate something in my Horde/IMP setup rather than a PHP issue.

I didn't change anything in the mime_drivers.php files.

I am running Horde in a shared hosting environment, so I don't have shell or root access.  I can make a demo account available if someone can help me diagnose and fix this problem.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--Alex Copeland