[imp] Installing IMP and the needto howto

Lydiard lydiard at spamcop.net
Fri Jun 11 03:32:28 PDT 2004

Hi

I'm trying to add webmail to my server, and having looked at all the verious
engine out there, I've finally decided that IMP is the most fully featured one
out there..  Googling for IMP howtos has been the single most disappointing
serch of my entire life..

So, if anyone can point me to a howto written in detail, I'd be grateful.

I'm intending on running IMP 3.2.4 with Horde 2.2 (I think.  I just followed the
horde-latest.tar.gz link from the /pub/horde folder..

My server is currently running RH8.0 kernel 2.4, postfix (v 1.16) and Apache 2.0
and PHP 4.3 - PERL is also installed, SpamAssassin, Courier-Imap, and MySQL
(not the RH version).

Any pointers will be very gratefully received..

Thanks.

Lyd