[imp] multipart email display issues

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Tue Jun 15 03:47:09 PDT 2004

Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Daniel Eckl <daniel.eckl at gmx.de>:
>
>> Do you use a PHP binary cache? Probably turck-mmcache? Disable
>> caching to disk (option shm only), and voila... :)
>
> I was just testing turck-mmcache and had this problem, which occurs
> when ever I restart the web server without clearing the cache.  Have
> not tried to shm-only, no-disk option yet.  Do you really see much
> performance increase without the disk caching enabled?

Hi Eric!

Yes, you describe the problem exactly. Only on apache restart (and on
reload, too), the cache causes the mails shown wrong. I didn't find a
regularity yet, but I didn't look very close.

Well, caching to disk makes only a difference, if your caching content
is bigger than the reserved RAM-cache. In this case, turck has to
remove not-so-often used cached binaries from memory. If then such a
script is triggered, turck can get it cached from disk. With shm-only
it would have to be recompiled.

So shm-only is for small sites or servers with enough memory to cache
all scripts of the site in memory.

For all other sites (bigger sites or not so much memory), you will see
benefits from disk-cache, but I cannot give you numbers here. For this
sites, the only solution is a "rm /path/to/mmcache/*" in the init
script at start and restart.

But if you are testing turck-mmcache, perhaps you find the reason for
this behavior... A fix is the best solution one can get :)

Greets,
Daniel