[imp] Folders and Choose Action

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 16 10:15:58 PDT 2004

> Zitat von Thomas O'Brien <thomas at creativebusinessystems.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Using CVS last updates on 05.29.04
>>
>> The following process produces and Error in Page and requires a page
>> refresh in
>> order to complete
>>
>> While in IMP go to Folders
>> Check a folder to complete an action on.
>> Choose action: Download folder(s) [zip format].
>> Complete the download
>> Leaving the folder checked Choose action: Unsubscribe from folder(s)
>>
>> IE displays Error in page in the bottom left of the browser window
>> (status Bar).
>> If I do a refresh then check the folder and unsubscribe, all is okidokie.
>
> I can reproduce this (not with Mozilla though), but the error message is so
> useless (as usual with IE) that I don't even know where to start looking.
>
> Jan.

Well, I have the MS Script Debugger installed, and was able to reproduce this
problem in IE.  The offending Javascript appears to be on line 132, in the
function chooseAction() (sorry about the line wrapping):

function chooseAction(i)
{
     var action;
     if (i == 0)
  ===>   action = document.fmanager.action_choose0.options
[document.fmanager.action_choose0.selectedIndex].value;
     else
         action =
document.fmanager.action_choose1.options[document.fmanager.action_choose1.selectedIndex].value;

Under these circumstances, this same error occurs for any of the actions in
the "Choose action:" dropdown list, not just for "Unsubscribe from
folder(s)".

Hope this helps,
--Gary

--
Gary Windham
Systems Programmer, Principal

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of Arizona.