[imp] Outlock-like folder display for HORDE/IMP-HEAD

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Thu Jun 24 06:34:07 PDT 2004

After the ongoing discussions on the IMP mailing lists, I've now spent an hour
or so hacking various modules to see if it'd be possible to change the left
frame layout to accomodate for a folder list and at the same time allow for
application selection and the display of the logo.

The hacked layout features the upper left-hand logo, a select box (for the
various Horde applications), followed by the folder list.

The main "hack" was done to menu.php in horde/services/portal/ and a copy of
imp/folders.php (to folders_view.php).

This could easily be handled as a selectable mode/configuration option with
one configuration option ("Tight sidebar with folders"?) and some smaller
code modifications.

Chuck responded with the infamous "Patch?" some time ago when I first asked
the question about an Outlock-style folder selection list, and I still don't
have a patch. But I'd be happy to upload the various changes/code here or
anywhere, if someone wants it, preferrably Jan or Chuck :-) :-)

I'm sure there are holes somewhere in it, mostly due to my not understanding
the framework as well as I'd like; but you'll get the idea.

Pppplease?

-Joaquim