[imp] PHP Accelerator

Sean D. mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Fri Jun 25 20:20:00 PDT 2004

>>> I thought I saw a post here in the past couple of days from someone
>>> using a
>>> PHP accelerator.
>>

>> You can use PHP MM Cache - which is free and almost as fast
>> as the commercial zend. At least my version 2.3.10 was.
>> It looks like it's up to version 2.4.0 now which is even
>> better. See
>>
>> http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/index_old.html#bench
>>
>> It's not hard to implement. Just compile and then add to
>> php.ini
>

> Thanks, Paul.  The benchmarks look great.  I just installed it
> but  I'm just wondering if you had any problems with reading
> your email.  I'm seeing my header and email run together in an
> almos un readable blob.  Time to RTFM, I guess ;)
>
> ed

No... you didnt do anyting wrong. I had this exact same issue. This is a known
issue with Turcks and the alpha Horde/IMP and (while i havent been following the
mailing list much lately) seems to be a pretty much unaddressed issue so far...
If you setup the mmcache.php file that comes with mmcache in a protected web
directory somewhere you can use it to admin the accelerator.  Using that page
you can clear the cache of the accelerator. That will cure your issue but only
temporarily.  It will corrupt again at some point.

It was someone on this list that told me about it, but when i brought it up a
few times after that i got no response.  I'm sure the devs have their hands full
with other issues.  It's one of those things i really hope gets fixed before the
final release though or I might be sticking with the old IMP.  Turcks MMCache
does a fabulous job of speeding up php and makes the stable IMP seem noticeably
snappier. Probably Zend Optimizer doesnt have this issue but i dont have the
budget for it.  Maybe we there is a mailing list for Turcks we should be asking on?

Sean D.