[imp] PHP Accelerator

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 25 20:34:14 PDT 2004

Quoting "Sean D." <mojospam at thegeekclub.net>:

> No... you didnt do anyting wrong. I had this exact same issue. This
> is a known
> issue with Turcks and the alpha Horde/IMP and (while i havent been
> following the
> mailing list much lately) seems to be a pretty much unaddressed issue
> so far...

It is a bug in MMCache, not in Horde/IMP.

It corrupts the IMP data when you restart your web server.  It generally
will work fine until you restart apache without clearing the cache first.
Clearing the cache when you restart apache avoids the problem.

> If you setup the mmcache.php file that comes with mmcache in a protected web
> directory somewhere you can use it to admin the accelerator.  Using that page
> you can clear the cache of the accelerator. That will cure your issue
> but only
> temporarily.  It will corrupt again at some point.

You can avoid it by not using the disk cache, and only using the memory
cache.  Not sure how much this helps/hurts performancing/caching.

> It was someone on this list that told me about it, but when i brought it up a
> few times after that i got no response.  I'm sure the devs have their

You need to bring it up with the accelerator authors, though someone earlier
today said that it wasn't being actively developed anymore, so I don't know
if they would fix this or not.

> hands full
> with other issues.  It's one of those things i really hope gets fixed
> before the
> final release though or I might be sticking with the old IMP.

this is a problem with MMCache, not Horde/IMP.

> Turcks MMCache
> does a fabulous job of speeding up php and makes the stable IMP seem
> noticeably
> snappier. Probably Zend Optimizer doesnt have this issue but i dont have the
> budget for it.  Maybe we there is a mailing list for Turcks we should
> be asking on?

Maybe...  Would produce better results then posting here.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!