[imp] Unusual Horde / IMP login behaviour...

Adam Thwaites adam at 2-8s.net
Fri Jul 9 14:04:45 PDT 2004

Please help!

I've just installed Horde 2.2.5 and IMP 3.2.4 and I'm getting really
weird behaviour from the Horde / IMP login.  I feel as though I've tried
everything and solved nothing.

Everything appears to be set correctly: test.php shows all of the
necessary components installed (for both Horde and IMP), and my IMAP
server is configured correctly. I've also allocated the login process to
IMP by changing the /horde/config/registry.php file.

However, when I enter my details and try to login via
http://hostname/horde/imp/ , my browser (Firefox) returns a messagebox
stating that "hostname could not be found. Please check the name and try
again".

Now, when I access http://hostname/horde/ , I get the menu bar on the
bottom (as usual), but the main frame is blank (empty).  To log in, I
need to click on "Mail" in the menu bar, enter my login details in the
IMP login screen that comes up, wait for the login screen to refresh on
itself (I don't think redirect.php is doing its job properly here), then
click on "Horde" in the menu bar to access the main Horde screen. Then,
to check my email I need to click on "INBOX", as clicking on the "Mail"
link does nothing except reload the current page. Finally, to logout, I
need to click on the logout link under my "INBOX".

i.e:

To login, "Mail" links to:
http://hostname/horde/imp/?Horde=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To access the main Horde screen, "Horde" links to:
http://hostname/horde/login.php?Horde=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To access my mail, "INBOX" links to:
http://hostname/horde/imp/mailbox.php?Horde=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&newmail_popup=no&mailbox=INBOX
To logout properly, "Logout" links to:
http://hostname/horde/imp/login.php?Horde=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&reason=logout

("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" relates to the PHP session)

This login process is driving me round the bend ... any help in fixing
this would be greatly appreciated!

- Adam

P.S. I hope I made sense there, I tried to explain the situation as
specifically as possible.